Saturday, June 23, 2007

Greetings from Bulgaria

Ivelina by the Black Sea

It's always pleasant getting nice greetings from far away places.

Let me introduce, Ivelina Slavcheva, from Bulgaria. Got to know her thru emails she sent me. Well, Elisha introduced me to her and above is her picture by the Black Sea. (I've always been facinated with stories about Black Sea. I understood they found remains of a civilisation below the sea..ooohhh)

I was surprised when was told, to go to the beach, they have to travel 500km.(Approximately, abt 10 hours journey.) Wow! That's super far...

Quoted from her email:
"Thats right that the sea is too far. This year i will not see it. It is so beautiful and I love it. (but I can't swim) ;) Belogradchik is very beautiful too and it's the most fantastik place in Bulgaria."

Hmmm..that makes me want to visit Bulgaria.



I don't really know much about Bulgaria, except for their superb football team. But, I'm pretty sure the country is magnificient because of its people, colourful cultures and rich histories. I've seen some pictures of Bulgaria posted in Elisha's blog, and they were awesome!


(She laughed when I told her you don't get a chance to see cows, donkeys, chickens roaming in my country..hahaha!)


Elisha and Friends - Celebrating Martina's brithday (Photo sent by Elisha)


For some of us who never knew much about Bulgarians, they do speak English and Russian, apart from Bulgarian language itself. They write in "cyrilic" letters, just like Russians.

Example, изпраща файла - (If you do, tell me what it says? Heehehe) Their currency is Bulgarian lev and was told that Euro Dollars will be accepted soon in 2009...that's cool!

Been to busy with work lately and I think it's about time I reply something to Ivelina now.

For your reading pleasure, some interesting facts about Bulgaria : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgaria

Nice knowing new friends from this part of the globe, and wish them the best.

Chao chao. :)