Friday, June 8, 2007

The Ultimate Rock Classic - Sweet Child O'Mine

Sweet Child O' Mine - has been my ALL time favourite. Pure classic piece of modern rock music by now defunct group, Guns N Roses. My special tribute to the group members, Axl Rose (vocals) - Slash (Guitar)- Izzy Stradlin (Guitar) - Duff McKagan (Bass) - Steven Adler (Drums), with this classic hit.


Quoted as :

"... Axl Rose stated that his original concept for the video focused on the theme of drug trafficking. According to Rose, the video was to depict an Asian woman carrying a baby into a foreign land, only to discover at the end that the child was dead and filled with heroin. This concept was rejected by Geffen Records..."

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Child_O

I presume the moral of the story is - If you want to do trafficking, stuff the f**king drug into your own arse!

Well, I quite like the lyrics too.

"...She's got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories where everything was fresh as the bright blue sky..."

The feeling of pure sincere when it was written.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet Child O' Mine

She's got a smile that it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories

Where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky

Now and then when I see her face

She takes me away to that special place

And if I stared too long

I'd probably break down and cry

Sweet child o' mine

Sweet love of mine

She's got eyes of the bluest skies

As if they thought of rain

I hate to look into those eyes

And see an ounce of pain

Her hair reminds me

of a warm safe place

Where as a child I'd hide

And pray for the thunder

And the rain

To quietly pass me by

Sweet child o' mine

Sweet love o' mine

Where do we go

Where do we go now

Where do we go

Sweet child o' mine

------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns N Roses - Thank you for the beautiful piece of music!